The Chicago Asthma Consortium
was founded in 1996 with the mission to improve the quality of life for individuals with asthma through advocacy, education and collaboration.
To advance the mission, the Chicago Asthma Consortium engages key stakeholders across various sectors to accomplish the following goals:
Chicago Asthma Consortium
- Raise awareness that asthma is a serious disease;
- Improve asthma care by promoting evidence-based guidelines for treatment of asthma;
- Link patients, caregivers and the broader community to asthma research, education, and other resources;
- Promote continued research into the causes, treatment and management of asthma;
- Increase asthma-friendly policies in schools, homes and communities; and
- Increase knowledge of effective ways to manage asthma.
accomplishes its goals in partnership with organizations who care about improving asthma health outcomes. Our unique role is one that convenes partners, facilitates collaboration and mobilizes assets throughout the community to improve the lives of individuals with asthma.