- Some children have asthma only when they exercise or play hard.
- Most children with asthma are affected by exercise. This does not mean that your child should not take gym class or play sports.
- Use of medicine 20 minutes before gym class or exercise may prevent asthma symptoms.
- When asthma signs are present the child should have the chance to stop and rest.
- Activities suggested for the child with asthma are: swimming,
walking, bicycling and sports or games with stop and start running such
as baseball, volleyball, football, tennis, golfing, and short distance
track and field events.
Your Child’s Asthma: Encouraging Exercise
The Consortium on Children’s Asthma Camps