What is the Blue Door Neighborhood Center (BDNCSM)?
The Blue Door Neighborhood Center will be the first ever community-based center for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. We’re looking to help make a positive impact on the health of our members, their families and the community.
At the center, we’ll be working to address common health challenges and access to care issues with free wellness classes, connections to social services, customer engagement and more.
Who can use the Center?
The BDNC is open to all residents of Pullman and the surrounding areas.
What services will you offer?
The Center will offer a variety of services such as:
• Health literacy and education classes focused on nutrition, diabetes, asthma, heart disease and behavioral health
• Help with care coordination, if within a member’s benefits
• Education about how to better use health insurance
• Connections to other resources, such as access to food or transportation
• A meeting space that can be reserved by local non‑profit organizations