Chicago Asthma Consortium
Overview for Prospective Board Directors
The Chicago Asthma Consortium was founded in 1996 with the mission to improve the quality of life for individuals with asthma through advocacy, education and collaboration.
To advance the mission, the Chicago Asthma Consortium engages key stakeholders across various sectors to accomplish the following goals:
- Raise awareness that asthma is a serious disease;
- Improve asthma care by promoting evidence-based guidelines for treatment of asthma;
- Link patients, caregivers and the broader community to asthma research, education, and other resources;
- Promote continued research into the causes, treatment and management of asthma;
- Increase asthma-friendly policies in schools, homes and communities; and
- Increase knowledge of effective ways to manage asthma.
Chicago Asthma Consortium accomplishes its goals in partnership with organizations who care about improving asthma health outcomes. Our unique role is one that convenes partners, facilitates collaboration and mobilizes assets throughout the community to improve the lives of individuals with asthma.
Board Director – Roles and Responsibilities
The Board of Directors are instrumental in offering strategic guidance to advance the mission of Chicago Asthma Consortium. Board Directors are actively engaged to establish, guide and monitor strategic priorities established annually by the Board of Directors.
The expectations of Board Directors are to:
- Commit to a two-year term;
- Attend and actively participate in bi-monthly board meetings;
- Review materials sent in advance of each meeting so that all members are prepared to make meaningful contributions to discussions and decisions;
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for the consortium;
- Contribute $500 annually, via fundraising or other means, to support the financial sustainability of the organization;
- Join at least one standing or ad hoc committee or workgroup;
- Nominate one new board member prior to the conclusion of your two-year term if the board membership is not renewed; and
- Leverage professional network to promote the organization and related organizational engagement opportunities.
Please direct all inquiries to: Joenell Henry-Tanner at [email protected].
CLICK HERE to learn more
CLICK HERE to submit an application online